20 February 17
Crowdfunding and other news - Funding Strategies Connect February 2017
"Crowd-sourced equity funding bill to pass Senate"
It looks like Australia is finally getting into crowd funding, with the AFR proclaiming "Crowd-sourced equity funding bill to pass Senate" after the Greens indicated their support this week while the Labour Party suggested some amendments. The law is expected to be debated in late March, coming into effect 6 months after passing.
The question remains whether the current ASIC Class Order [CO 02/0273] in regards to Small Scale Offers will be extended, at present the sunset date remains as 1 April, 2017. Funding Strategies is a Class Order Operator and specialises in Small Scale Offers.
This month I have included:
- An introduction to and update from Trac Group Holdings;
- The latest updates from Nelson Resources, VeriDoc and Trustee Tailored Superannuation;
- New grants on offer by the Queensland Goverment;
- How to boost your business’ funding appeal with Nifty Forms;
- An invitation you to join us at the next Executive Elite event;
- "Take a Chance on China", an opinion piece by The Australian mentioning BlueMount Capital's sponsorship of the ACBC Queensland event.
I also invite you to download our current deal list from our website (log-in required, membership is free).
Happy reading, and please get in touch if we can be of any assistance.