12 December 18
Podcast: Omega-3 Industry on The Rise With Algae Farming (ft. Dr Graeme Barnett, CEO & MD of Qponics)
"Today on Eden Exchanges we spoke to Dr Graeme Barnett, CEO and Managing Director of Qponics Limited, an algae Omega-3 producing company based in Australia, working together with BlueMount Capital.
Graeme has a background in microbiology with vast experience from the industry which led him to found Qponics and looking into algae as a new source of omega-3.
- Background: Medical microbiologist from New Zealand wanting to take his knowledge further
- Qponics: Future of developing large scale algae pond methods
- Aquaponics: Interest and kick start into the business and industry
- Algae farming: Technology and benefits
- Omega-3: Differences between algae and other sources
- Main market and demand: EPA omega-3 has high demand in Europe, North America and Asia
- Market response: Interest has been high with several years of enquiries
- Geographic areas : Why Australia is such a beneficial location
- Excellent climate: Allowing production 12 months of the year
- Management team and board in place: Vast experience in the general field of the company
- Differentiation: Demand outstrips supply and demand remains high for quality products, such as EPA omega-3
- Drives and goals for the future: Create a sustainable business, no huge amounts of waste products with residual containing high protein bio mass
- Be a part of Qponic’s future: How to get involved with the business
- How to get in touch: How to contact Graeme or a member of the team from BlueMount Capital
Click here to listen to the podcast.
For more information about Qponics, please click here.