12 December 18
Podcast: Omega-3 Industry on The Rise With Algae Farming (ft. Dr Graeme Barnett, CEO & MD of Qponics)
"Today on Eden Exchanges we spoke to Dr. Graeme Barnett, CEO and Managing Director of Qponics Limited, an algae Omega-3 producing company based in Australia, working together with BlueMount Capital.
Graeme has a background in microbiology with vast experience from the industry which led him to found Qponics and looking into algae as a new source of omega-3.
- Background: Medical microbiologist from New Zealand wanting to take his knowledge further
- Qponics: Future of developing large scale algae pond methods
- Aquaponics: Interest and kick start into the business and industry
- Algae farming: Technology and benefits
- Omega-3: Differences between algae and other sources
- Main market and demand: EPA omega-3 has high demand in Europe, North America and Asia
- Market response: Interest has been high with several years of enquiries
- Geographic areas : Why Australia is such a beneficial location
- Excellent climate: Allowing production 12 months of the year
- Management team and board in place: Vast experience in the general field of the company
- Differentiation: Demand outstrips supply and demand remains high for quality products, such as EPA omega-3
- Drives and goals for the future: Create a sustainable business, no huge amounts of waste products with residual containing high protein bio mass
- Be a part of Qponic’s future: How to get involved with the business
- How to get in touch: How to contact Graeme or a member of the team from BlueMount Capital
About BlueMount Capital
BlueMount Capital is an Australian based investment firm and corporate finance group assisting and advising corporate clients on listing on the ASX, M&A, private placements, cross border transactions and the raising of capital from the equity and debt markets. For more information please email email@example.com or phone +61 7 3160 2840.
Click here to listen to the podcast.
For more information about Qponics, please click here.