to the September 2020 edition of the Funding Strategies newsletter!
It has been a busy time for our team since the last newsletter. We have undertaken a number of strategy reviews / sessions for clients to assist them identify opportunities for growth and focus and to refine their business models. There has been strong investor enquiry around a number of our opportunities under both on the Funding Strategies and BlueMount Capital brands and we have recently received a Terms Sheet for $50m+.
Our Managing Director has spent some time
reading the Reserve Bank of Australia’s Statement on Monetary Policy and some
of Mark's takeaways are below:
- Pandemic – largest contraction in global activity / interrupted global trade / labour markets / household consumption
- Business investment to decline significantly
- Mining strong / tourism weak
- Global economy uncertain
- China recovering
- Low inflation / Cash rate low
- Australia’s major trading partners affected
- Iron Ore strong / Coal weak / Oil recovering Government Bond yields low
- Sharp fall in corporate earnings anticipated / companies expected to default on loans
- Equity prices have recovered
- AUD tracking US equity markets (S&P 500) / AUD essentially recovered
- Recovery in employment uneven in Aust (re Mel / Syd vs rest of Aust due to Covid)
- Labour market underutilisation remains high in Aust with near term jobs outlook uncertain
- Residential construction remains week / non-mining very weak
- Outlook for rural sector is favourable
- Lending to business has decreased
- Fixed / variable lending rates have decreased New housing loans have decreased
- Forecast subdued
- Geopolitical tensions increased
Given the above we are very confident in supporting our clients and investors with funding options and opportunities, via our global and local connectivity and strong people and delivery capability.
This edition of our newsletter includes:
- An introduction to CareVision;
- An updates from Project Pharus;
- Updates from BlueMount Capital on Project Tiger, Project Portus, Project Itinerantur, Los Angeles and Altech Chemicals;
- Upcoming events from ACBC.
As always, we invite you to download our updated deal list from our website (registration / log-in required, membership is free).
For more information please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please click here to read the full newsletter.